Is there a novelty
- Absolute worldwide novelty is required.
Can a patent application be
filed without its complete documents?
- Yes, but the remaining documents should be filed strictly
within 90 days, (non-extendable).
Can convention priority be
Can a registration be obtained
for pharmaceutical products?
Can a patent search be
What is the term of protection
of a patent and from which date is it calculated?
- 20 years from the date of filing.
Can the specifications or
claims be amended?
Could annuity payments be made
before the granting of the patent?
- Yes. It must be paid within January 1st to March 31st of each
year starting from the first year followed the filing date.
Does the Patents Office
publish the patent applications in the Official Gazette?
- No, only the decision to grant it will be published.